Five Major Benefits of Stained Glass Restoration
Stained glass restoration is a good idea for several reasons. First, it preserves the original beauty of the stained glass, which may have been dulled by time or damage. Secondly, it helps to protect the glass from further damage and deterioration. Finally, restoring stained glass can help to increase its value and attractiveness, which can be beneficial for both private and commercial owners.
Five Top Benefits of Stained Glass Restoration in Houston
1. Improved energy efficiency: Restoring stained glass can help restore the original structure and provide better insulation, allowing for improved energy efficiency.
2. Increased beauty: Restoring stained glass can help to bring back the original vibrant hues and colors of the design, allowing for a more beautiful overall appearance.
. Improved structural integrity: Restoring stained glass can help to reinforce the frame and glass, increasing the longevity of the piece.
4. Added protection: Restoring stained glass can help to protect the glass from further damage and deterioration.
5. Increased value: Restoring stained glass can help to increase the resale value of a property.
The Stained Glass Restoration Process
The stained glass restoration process typically involves several steps:
1. Inspection: A stained glass conservator will inspect the glass, studying its composition, condition, and any potential damage.
2. Cleaning: The stained glass is cleaned with a gentle detergent solution and then rinsed with water.
3. Structural Repair: Any damaged or loose panels are removed and repaired and then re-installed.
4. Painting: Missing or fading colors are re-painted with paints that closely match the original colors.
5. Re-Leading: All the lead cames are examined and replaced if necessary.
6. Protective Coating: A protective coating is applied to the glass to protect it from further damage.
7. Re-Installation: The restored stained glass is re-installed into its original frame.
If you’re interested in learning more about our stained glass restoration process, contact us today for a free consultation.